Table of Contents
What is MSME ?
MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. In a developing country like India, MSME industries are the backbone of the economy.
The MSME sector contributes to 45% of India’s Total Industrial Employment, 50% of India’s Total Exports and 95% of all industrial units of the country and more than 6000 types of products are manufactured in these industries (As per msme.gov.in). When these industries grow, the economy of the country grows as a whole and flourishes. These industries are also known as small-scale industries or SSI’s.
What is Udyog Aadhaar ?
MSME updated to Udyog Aadhar
MSME registration has been replaced with the Udyog Aadhar registration. If any micro, small and medium industries want to start any business; they need to do the registration with MSME/Udyog Aadhar.
This registration with MSME/Udyog Aadhar can be done in two ways online and offline. This facility provides the business with a lot of benefits and subsidies.
Validity of the certificate
There is no expiry of the Udyog Aadhar Certificate. As long as the entity is ethical and financially healthy there will be no expiry of the certificate.
Existing And Revised Definition of MSMEs
New Definition of MSMEs
- Low threshold in MSME definition have created a fear among MSMEs of graduating out of the benefits and hence killing the urge to grow.
- There has been a long-pending demand for revisions.
Updated Definition of MSMEs _1st June 2020
Government Further Change the definition of MSMEs
MSME are classified into two categories:
They are defined in term of investment in Plant and Machinery/ Equipment as below
Benefits of MSME Registration
- Forest and Logging
- Fishing and aquaculture
- Wholesale, retail trade and repair of motor vehicle and motorcycles
- Wholesale trade except for motor vehicles and motorcycles.
- Retail Trade Except of Motor Vehicles and motor cycles
- Activities of households as employees for domestic personnel
- Undifferentiated goods and services producing activities of private households for own
- Activities of extraterritorial organisations and bodies
How To Apply Udyog Aadhaar (MSME) Registration :-
- Aadhaar Number
- Name of Owner
- Social Category – Applicant’s Caste
- Name of Enterprise– Name of the legal entity to conduct business. One applicant can have more than one enterprises doing business and each one can be registered for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and with the same Aadhaar Number.
- Type of Organization– Type of Business entity or Legal Entity.
- PAN Number- Mandatory for LLP, Company and Co-operative Society. Optional for the rest.
- Location of Plant
- Official Address– Address of the business including mobile and email address.
- Date of Commencement– The date on which businesses was started.
- Previous Registration Details– Details of previous MSME/SSI registration, if applicable should be entered here.
- Bank Details– Details of bank account of the company including IFSC Code and Bank Account number.
- Major Activity– Major area of activity of the business – manufacturing or service.
- NIC Code– The appropriate NIC Code should be entered from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook.
- Person employed– The total number of people employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment– Amount of money invested in terms of machinery and equipment by the business.
- Details of the District Industry Center nearest to the business
Step 5: Once you have filled out all the details, click on submit.
Step 6: Enter the OTP received on the number linked with Aadhaar.
Step 7: Enter the code on the screen for final submission.
How To Edit or update Udyog Aadhaar Number
Contact For Udyog Aadhar (MSME) Registration
Dheeraj Kumar Singh
Mobile No. :- 7000980451